CHARACTER COUNTS! Early Childhood Kit
Created in partnership with Character Counts In Iowa, this resource kit was piloted and refined in early childhood centers in Iowa, including Head Start programs. Teachers tell us they love the many features of this kit, including the 28 easy-to-use lessons that focus on social-emotional development and make use of a common vocabulary that reinforces concepts taught in preschool. Parent materials in both English and Spanish make it easy to get the whole family involved.
Materials help teachers engage children in fun learning activities that foster social-emotional development. You can use these materials in a variety of ways:
- Create the framework for your social-emotional development program.
- Supplement and enhance your existing social-emotional curriculum and approaches.
- Provide a common vocabulary for preschool and home that advance social-emotional skills.
- Link with Teaching Strategies GOLD Assessment Social-Emotional Objectives and Dimensions.
- Use for PBIS Tier 1 strategies and adapt to use with Tier 2.
Materials promote positive parenting and help parents connect with their child’s program:
- Parent Guide (in English and Spanish) promotes a common vocabulary (trustworthiness, respect,
responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship) and includes fun activities for parents to do with children.
- Parent Pages for each lesson (in English and Spanish) help extend learning for the child and provide fun activities for parents and children.
- Parent materials can help address program requirements for parent communication and family engagement.
- Instructional Teacher’s Guide; 28 six pillar lesson plans; and Parent Pages for lessons (English & Spanish)
- WebKey which provides access to online kit resources
- 5 Parent Guides (4 English and 1 Spanish)
- 1 set of six pillar classroom posters (14″ x 22″)
- 50-sheet of student certificates
- CHARACTER COUNTS! music CD
- 36 six pillar pencils
- 100 wallet cards
- 500 reward stickers
For on-site training services for our Early Childhood program, please call 800-711-2670.
||16 x 7 x 11 in
Our online store is currently unable to process credit cards directly. Please either use PayPal or call us at 310-846-4800 for offline credit card processing. We apologize for any inconvenience.