CHARACTER COUNTS! Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”)
This Agreement was last modified on April 13, 2020.
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using https://store.charactercounts.org (“the Site”) operated by CHARACTER COUNTS! (“us”, “we”, or “our”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Site at https://store.charactercounts.org.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing and delivery. Delivery time may be extended during peak periods, which include but are not limited to April through June and August through October. Customers are responsible for return shipping fees if packages are returned. COVID-19 Update: Please note, there may be slight delays based on the current health situation related to COVID-19.
Shipping – INTERNATIONAL, ALASKA, HAWAII
Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-271-4840 to place an order/quote to receive international shipping rates. PLEASE NOTE: All customs, brokerage and/or import fees are the responsibility of the recipient. Please be aware of expenses incurred when receiving materials. Customers are responsible for return shipping fees if packages are refused.
Expedited shipping/handling is available at an additional charge, which will be shown during checkout online. For orders outside the 48 contiguous states, including APO, FPO and DPO addresses, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 515-271-4840 if you need additional assistance beyond our online checkout system. Expedited orders may not be processed and shipped until the business day after the day on which they are received. All orders received on weekends or holidays will be processed the following business day.
We use FedEx SmartPost to delivery your order to the USPS Military Mail Gateway, which is less expensive than regular international shipping. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-271-4840 to place an order/quote to receive APO/FPO/DPO shipping rates.
Availability / Pricing
- Items are subject to availability and may be discontinued or redesigned without notice.
- Items on backorder will be shipped separately upon availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices may exceed direct production costs.
- Discounts: Coalition members receive a 10% discount (not valid in combination with other offers or discounts)
Returns and Refunds
- Returns/exchanges can be made no later than four (4) weeks from delivery date for credit toward materials from our store. Delivery date is determined by carrier tracking information. The four-week time period applies year-round, even during summer months when schools are not in session.
- Please notify us immediately if any materials are received damaged.
- Shipping/handling charges are non-refundable.
- Any refund will be made to the account used in payment of the order.
- All orders will be considered to be correct, complete and to have been received in good condition unless we are notified to the contrary within 4 weeks of receipt, as determined by carrier delivery records.
- We cannot be responsible for duplication of orders submitted more than once. Please call us if you need to verify receipt of an order.
- All digital music sales are final once downloaded from our server, though we will provide you with a replacement for sales of defective music products.
- In any circumstance where CHARACTER COUNTS! was not at fault, customers are responsible for shipping costs to return the items.
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by CHARACTER COUNTS! and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by CHARACTER COUNTS!
CHARACTER COUNTS! grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Site in accordance with this Agreement.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall CHARACTER COUNTS!, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of the Site, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising from your violation of any third-party’s rights.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Site is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
CHARACTER COUNTS!, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Site will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Site will meet your requirements.
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.